Well, I would say that we all need to take into consideration what our needs are, and if reading a certain type of recipe is too tempting, maybe those who are able to see subject lines will want to avoid subjects that distress or tempt them.

Karen

At 11:53 AM 9/3/2020, you wrote:
I don't see any problem with dessert recipes, they are just as good as any
recipe. My own definition of junk food is any food that claims to be
low-something - low-fat, low-cholesterol, etc., which means low-taste, and
therefore worth throwing into junk. As far as diabetes, although it is a
disease that results in high blood sugar, it is not caused by consuming
sugar. This group shares all types of recipes, no one can say members of the
group live by dessert alone. But slippery slope of regulating which kind of
recipes is more welcome is dangerous.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark <cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org> On Behalf Of
meward1954--- via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2020 2:31 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: meward1...@gmail.com
Subject: [CnD] Hope this is not out of line

I am wondering if we could have a dessert-free day once? Maybe even once a
week?

I hope this is not too much out of line.  But it's making me have sugar and
general junk food cravings just to look at all these desserts, and blind
person does  not live by dessert alone, much as they might want to.
Although I do not have diabetes, blind people are much over-represented in
the diabetic population.

So I'm not asking to stop with these wonderful desserts, just to calm it
down perhaps a little!

Thanks.