I don't think we ever really knew when the deprecation be official. There are
yet a few things we want to add to AVAudioEngine for more feature parity, and
we don't want folks to be seeing warnings until that's done.

I can say that there is now an availability mechanism so that we can mark API's
as "to be deprecated", and we have marked up AUGraph with that, to appear ...
someday.

Doug