Matus UHLAR - fantomas writes:

>>> does THIS make sense?
>
> On 01.05.16 17:10, Alexei Batyr' wrote:
>>It wouldn't make sense if Courier web part (Sqwebmail, Webadmin) could work
>>as FastCGI scripts. I'm using this strange construction exclusively for
>>running Sqwebmail on the server with nginx frontend and PHP as FastCGI
>>server. Perl kludge suggested on nginx site for runnig CGI scripts as
>>FastCGI much worse than time-honoured apache.
>
> but what's the point of proxying it from apache? Apache can run cgi (and
> fastcgi, even php as module, not as fastcgi, so php should be even faster
> under apache) too, you don't need nginx.

I'm proxying nginx to apache, not vice versa. As I said, nginx is main
frontend, apache backend is used only as CGI interface. A few years ago,
when I've configured that server, nginx+php-fastcgi was significantly
faster then apache+mod_php and even apache+php-fastcgi. For most recent
versions of apache picture probably changed, but nobody will pay me for
migrating couple dozens of production sites to apache.

--
Alexei.