Phone calls seem to be a big unsolved problem - most stair lobbies are full 
of people making calls - and video conference calls are a nightmare!

I think we've found a solution - it's a little way off being ready but may 
help as inspiration...

My thinking:

As a user, I want to make a private phone call / video conferencing call - 
without paying "£50/hour" for a meeting room - and quite possibly ad-hoc. 
Ideally "a garden shed" - just big enough to sit down & do a skype call
As a location, I can't afford to create nice private booths for unlimited 
use - but I can't easily police them - I've seen people just move in! 
Meeting rooms kind of work - but people won't pay, I can't afford free and 
charging for ad-hoc usage is a nightmare
As a corporate, this lack of private space is a blocker to me supporting 
coworking in general - I am convinced it's a big need (Although it's not 
actually that many hours in a week)

Ideal solution that we're working on:
- A small, private meeting room - with a NearDesk card lock on the door 
which automatically bills for usage

Great example of that space - and the one we intend to use:
- http://www.vpodsolutions.com/products/cube/
They look/feel like a first class seat on a plane (I think!) - but are 
small enough to squeeze into spare spaces

Expensive as just a free "phone box" - but highly profitable as a "micro 
meeting room"

Fascinated by other solutions to this (and any suggestions!)

-- 
Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to