Yes yes yes - look at Angel's numbers.

I also really love the "total number of people/days you can sell per week"
model. It's absolutely the most realistic. Also, in practice, we've learned
that it's valuable to track the number of unused desks on a daily basis
(even if it's a rough count) so you know how often (and on which days) you
get close to capacity. This it gives you a number where worst case scenario
is that you start a waiting list for higher-usage levels of membership. We
often have a waiting list for full time spots, and occasionally put a
temporary waiting list on our 3 day a week plans to make sure that we're
not oversold to the point where someone might not have a desk.

> I have 10 desks in 288 ft2 (28 ft2 per person) where we comfortably cowork
> so that kind of blows the 100 ft2 thing out of the water.

Just to clarify this - it sounds like dense areas of desks are also
balanced with common areas (patio, living room, kitchen, etc), right? I
only recommend the 100 ft2 thing as a starting point because it's *doable*.
And if you can achieve more density and be comfortable, your numbers are
only going to improve. I always try to estimate on the conservative side vs
the optimal side.

Like I said - conservative guidelines. ;) We've also packed people in and
made it work! he thing to remember is that not all square feet are
equal...our most recent move was only ~10% more linear square feet, but we
were able to increase capacity by over 30% because of the way the room ways
shaped.

Looking back at our numbers, our original space maxed out at 26 desks
sharing ~1800 square feet (including common areas like a kitchen, lounge,
and single meeting room), so not far off from Angel's numbers. That was
cozy...and worked great. I think we had ~70 members when we had readily
outgrown it, and when our waiting list kept growing we decided to look at
new options.

There's a zillion ways to fit desks into different shaped rooms. I'm blown
away how many ways we've rearranged little rectangles inside of bigger
rectangles. It seems like there's always a better way we haven't tried yet.

*The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.*
Better Coworkers: http://indyhall.org
Weekly Coworking Tips: http://coworkingweekly.com
My Audiobook: https://theindyhallway.com/ten