Dear all,

I participate in an archeological infrastructure project (financed by the
Norwegian Research Council) for data from archaeological excavations in Norway.
The objectives is to link datasets form excavations, museum collections and
archives. My task is to plan the use of CIDOC-CRM and possibly CRMArcheo as
semantic glue.

In Norway the Swedish system Intrasis  (http://www.intrasis.com/) is a de facto
standard and most excavations use the same template.

My assumption is that the information in an intrasis-instance can easily be
mapped to CRM/CRMArcheo.  To verify this I have started a close reading of
CRMArcheo. To my surprise, the CRMArcheo( 1.4.5) is more unfinished than I had
got the impression of. I will not go in detail here, just mention a few
deficits; Properties Ap8 to AP21 have no examples. Scope note of A6 is
formulated as one single sentence 9 lines long and not ending in a full stop.
Many examples refer to illustrations in literature,  a few are shown in the
beginning but the rest can only be found in the literature

Is there a CRMArcheo team I can send my review?

Best,

Christian-Emil?