--- On Fri, 1/23/09, Joseph Sims <metronom...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Imagine if other mediums had to deal with the same reasoning
> that the media they produce has to look the same when viewed
> with inferior technology.
>
> I'm young ...

You may be young but, IMHO, you speak a lot of sense! :) It's nice to get a
slice of optimism to counter the gritty cynicism we've become accustomed to.

I've developed for clients before that have no idea what their sites look like
in IE6. Despite the fact that they want pixel-precision, and talk about this
mythical thing called 'the fold', they would not care about how their site
looked in anything other than their browser of choice (IE, unfortunately - but
IE7, at least).

I'd like to hear from one of these IT people who have held back our entire
industry, and wasted everyone's money for so much time now. Exactly how long
are you going to leave it before migrating this c...@ppy IE6-only application
you've forced on everyone? Another month? A year? A decade? Are you ever going
to let the rest of us move on?