James Leslie wrote:
I'd like to hear from one of these IT people who have held back our
entire industry, and wasted everyone's money for so much time now.
Exactly how long are you going to leave it before migrating this c...@ppy
IE6-only application you've forced on everyone? Another month? A year? A
decade? Are you ever going to let the rest of us move on?

I was recently employed by a company that primarily ran IE6; a place that blocked employees from installing/upgrading their own software. The IT supervisor in meetings, (due to a new CMS) was telling people "Firefox is now our recommended browser."

I said to her, "You say that Firefox is the recommended browser, but a lot of people don't have access to that browser, and most are still only running IE6. Who is in charge of making software upgrades?"

"I am," she replied.

"So is there any particular reason IE6 is still the only browser on people's machines?"

"No really," she replied.

So there's one voice for you.

Erika