At 11:08 -1000 7/22/00, Reese wrote:
>At 06:44 PM 21/07/00 -0700, Kristen Tsolis wrote:
>
><snip of long, carefully read address on Aum Shinrikyo and PSIA
>
>>But that does not necessarily warrant the wide-scale surveillance of all Aum
>>members or the activities of the PSIA.
>
>I don't want to sound statist.
>However,
>I fail to see how a homogenous group of sarin-gas-dispersing
>individuals should be given a clean bill of health just because they
>adopted a new corporate name.

Because the guilty parties have been found and presumably punished
for the illegal actions.  To put it more specifically, the
sarin-gas-dispersing individuals are presumed to have been found and
subsequently removed from the organization.  Mere membership in an
organization is not/should not be a crime

>Had they disbanded, and were all former members subject to such
>surveillance, I might feel differently.

Oh?  How long do they have to be under surveillance before they
regain the right to innocent until proven guilty?
--

Kevin "The Cubbie" Elliott
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                             ICQ#23758827