On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 at 20:37, Urs Schütz <u.sch...@bluewin.ch> wrote:
> @kneops
> My two cents:
> Darktable pipelines work from bottom to top. [...]
> The developers choosed "from bottom to top"

I think it may be reasonable to add an option to flip the visual order
(so not completely free reordering, just a boolean top-to-bottom
('page-order') or bottom-up ('stack-like') display choice). My
reasoning is that in Western writing systems, we read and write from
top to bottom. I understand that the pipeline is also called a
'stack', and the 'last' element on the stack means 'the most recently
pushed one', and it's at the top. But, I guess, for many users, a
presentation where the last element of the history is at the bottom;
where one of the the first modules to apply (such as exposure) appears
near the top of the page, not near the bottom; where the pipeline, in
execution order, is displayed top-to-bottom, is a very logical
expectation.

Kofa