* DougC <d...@moosemail.net> [02-15-21 17:20]:
> You are correct that most visual processes, especially writing, move from top
> to bottom. Having the stack grow from bottom to top is part of the "techie"
> nature of darktable.
>

> ---- On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 16:24:51 -0500 KOVÁCS István
> <k...@kovacs-telekes.org> wrote ----
>

> On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 at 20:37, Urs Schütz <mailto:u.sch...@bluewin.ch> wrote:
> > @kneops
> > My two cents:
> > Darktable pipelines work from bottom to top. [...]
> > The developers choosed "from bottom to top"
>
> I think it may be reasonable to add an option to flip the visual order
> (so not completely free reordering, just a boolean top-to-bottom
> ('page-order') or bottom-up ('stack-like') display choice). My
> reasoning is that in Western writing systems, we read and write from
> top to bottom. I understand that the pipeline is also called a
> 'stack', and the 'last' element on the stack means 'the most recently
> pushed one', and it's at the top. But, I guess, for many users, a
> presentation where the last element of the history is at the bottom;
> where one of the the first modules to apply (such as exposure) appears
> near the top of the page, not near the bottom; where the pipeline, in
> execution order, is displayed top-to-bottom, is a very logical
> expectation.
>
> Kofa

not "techie" but as expected.  a stack grows from botton to top.

you are making definitions to but darktable in a different light.  it is
what it is and you are perfectly able to program it into what you wish,
but you must do so.  it appears you want others to make changes they do
not think appropriate, necessary or worth effort to accomodate you.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode