Thank you very much for uploading this! Really helpful. However, while
using this shapefile of 2001 subdistricts with the shapefiles of Assembly
Constituencies from datameet, I notice that the two maps does not overlap
exactly. I do not have sufficient GIS knowledge to risk correct them. It
seems that one of the shapefiles is slightly shifted.

On Thursday, August 7, 2014 at 6:51:22 AM UTC-4, Avinash Celestine wrote:

> apologies for seeing this thread slightly late
>
> a slightly better source for 2001 data is the shapefiles within the dev
> info INdia software. I have attached the shapefile i put together from that
> of individual states and regions. It has about 5468 attributes
>
> http://devinfo.info/devinfoindia/
>
> essentially you download the 'desktop setup' and install. the shapefiles
> (different one for each district if i remember) get installed to a
> directory. you can put together the all india file from there.
>
> Avinash
>

> On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Devdatta Tengshe <devd...@tengshe.in
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> In Continuation of my previous email, here is a CSV file which shows just
>> how bad the GDAM dataset is.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Devdatta
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 9:06 AM, Devdatta Tengshe <devd...@tengshe.in
>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sharad,
>>>
>>> I just download the GDAM data again, to confirm what you have said.
>>>
>>> I'm going to have to disagree with you about the quality of the IND_adm3
>>> data.
>>>

>>> Acoording to the 2001 Census, there are 5454 Sub Districts in India
>>> <http://www.socialjustice.nic.in/pdf/tab11.pdf>. The GDAM dataset has
>>> just 2299 features.
>>>
>>> So clearly these taluk features do not correspond to the 2001 Census. I
>>> cross checked for some areas I have ground knowledge of, and I can say that
>>> this dataset is not from any specific era. Some tehsils in the file were
>>> created post 2001, while others created in the 90's were not present.
>>>
>>> In my opinion the GDAM data is pretty much unusable.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Devdatta

>> --
>> ---

              • ... Dipal Thakker
              • ... Indranil Gayen
              • ... Devdatta Tengshe
              • ... Dipal Thakker
              • ... Justin Meyers
              • ... Sharad Lele [शरच्चंद्र लेले]
              • ... Justin Meyers
              • ... Dilip Damle
              • ... Sharad Lele
              • ... Dilip Damle
              • ... Sourav Sarkar
  • [datameet] Re: Shap... Antariksh Tyagi