On 07-Aug-14 8:18 PM, Justin Meyers wrote:
As per our conversation yesterday, could you upload your data? You keep criticizing everyone else's data, but you don't share your own!?? Help me help you :)
Dear Justin:

I think you are going too far and too fast. A more moderate tone would be appreciated.

1. I never criticized anyone: in fact, i said GDAM was ok, and you were the one who used fairly strong words against it. 2. I have only clarified out that your layer reflects CD block boundaries while GDAM reflects tehsil boundaries. Both may be 'ok' in what they represent. 3. The only reason I have not shared any data of mine is simply because I have only two datasets: the GDAM one (which is both already available and being criticised by some ;-)) and a dataset of admin boundaries (district and tehsil) for Karnataka state alone which we paid for and got digitized from District Census Handbooks of 1991. When I check GDAM or your layer versus this layer, I see no major differences. So then what is the point in uploading that data?

Sharad

--
Democratizing Forest Governance in India
(In press with Oxford University Press India)

              • ... Dipal Thakker
              • ... Nagarajan M
              • ... Dipal Thakker
              • ... Dipal Thakker
              • ... Nisha Thompson
              • ... Dipal Thakker
              • ... Indranil Gayen
              • ... Devdatta Tengshe
              • ... Dipal Thakker
              • ... Justin Meyers
              • ... Sharad Lele [शरच्चंद्र लेले]
              • ... Justin Meyers
              • ... Dilip Damle
              • ... Sharad Lele
              • ... Dilip Damle
              • ... Sourav Sarkar
  • [datameet] Re: Shap... Antariksh Tyagi