Hi,

On Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 09:04:56PM +0200, Ole Streicher wrote:
> Mike Gabriel <mike.gabr...@das-netzwerkteam.de> writes:
> > Is anyone here maintaining blend packages that have not been uploaded
> > to Debian? If so, please speak up.
>
> My point was here: If we introduce a format identifier (like an URL), we
> can very simply test for it and exit with error if it is the wrong one.
>
> The required changes in the tasks are trivial, so there would be no need
> to support more than the "new" format. Anyone who did not get the bang
> can just change it then.

I wonder if all this format discussion might keep us away to continue
with the simple solution to just do it and break things that are
outside.  IMHO it should not stop our progress if outside people are
using things that are intended for inside.  I would be very happy if
some of the perl programmers would do that supposedly simple change and
we could continue with interesting things.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de