El 30/10/23 a las 21:16, Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues escribió:
Quoting Luca Boccassi (2023-10-18 19:17:40)
We can do an upload, but note that it won't have any effect on package
builds, given the buildds use stable/oldstable

actually we forgot something here. The upload *does* have an effect on buildds
right now even before Trixie gets released because riscv buildds (in contrast
to the others) do run debootstrap from unstable, resulting in this recent build
failure of src:siridb-server:

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=siridb-server&arch=riscv64&ver=2.0.48-1%2Bb1&stamp=1698686860&raw=0

This was reported already by Santiago as #1027381 last year and Paul Gevers
quickly did another upload of src:siridb-server fixing this.

So if riscv keeps being part of the release arches for trixie, then the FTBFS
bugs reported by Santiago will have real effects on buildds building packages
for riscv going forward. So unless that change gets reverted in debootstrap,
this class of bugs will likely go away by itself before trixie gets released.

So, if I understood correctly, if a package has this bug, and it's already
reported, and the maintainer does a new upload but they forget to fix the bug,
then the package will FTBFS on riscv, and as a result, the package will not
propagate to testing.

This is actually a good thing, it means the bugs are "factually RC".

So, while I personally don't see a special hurry to raise the severities
of the currently reported bugs, maybe it makes sense that we start to
report *new* bugs like this one as serious.

Thanks.