Quoting Santiago Vila (2023-10-30 21:53:59)
> El 30/10/23 a las 21:16, Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues escribió:
> > Quoting Luca Boccassi (2023-10-18 19:17:40)
> >> We can do an upload, but note that it won't have any effect on package
> >> builds, given the buildds use stable/oldstable
> >
> > actually we forgot something here. The upload *does* have an effect on
> > buildds
> > right now even before Trixie gets released because riscv buildds (in
> > contrast
> > to the others) do run debootstrap from unstable, resulting in this recent
> > build
> > failure of src:siridb-server:
> >
> > https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=siridb-server&arch=riscv64&ver=2.0.48-1%2Bb1&stamp=1698686860&raw=0
> >
> > This was reported already by Santiago as #1027381 last year and Paul Gevers
> > quickly did another upload of src:siridb-server fixing this.
> >
> > So if riscv keeps being part of the release arches for trixie, then the
> > FTBFS
> > bugs reported by Santiago will have real effects on buildds building
> > packages
> > for riscv going forward. So unless that change gets reverted in debootstrap,
> > this class of bugs will likely go away by itself before trixie gets
> > released.
>
> So, if I understood correctly, if a package has this bug, and it's already
> reported, and the maintainer does a new upload but they forget to fix the bug,
> then the package will FTBFS on riscv, and as a result, the package will not
> propagate to testing.

this will of course also happen to packages that have the bug even if it's not
reported. Otherwise: yes.

> This is actually a good thing, it means the bugs are "factually RC".

I agree.

> So, while I personally don't see a special hurry to raise the severities of
> the currently reported bugs, maybe it makes sense that we start to report
> *new* bugs like this one as serious.

I think that would make sense, given that this currently blocks package
migration to testing due to factual build failures on riscv buildds.

In #debian-release, aurel32 asked about my opinion on whether those bugs should
now be raised to RC and I agreed that they should.

Thanks!

cheers, josch