On Wed, 18 Oct 2023 at 18:04, Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues
<jo...@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Quoting Santiago Vila (2023-10-12 17:56:04)
> > Johannes has asked the RMs in this thread:
> >
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2023/10/msg00425.html
> >
> > if they are ready to consider the bugs as RC. I believe it would be better
> > if we can make the bugs "factually" RC by uploading the fixed debootstrap
> > first.
>
> I do not have a strong opinion on what should happen first but in that thread,
> Holger and Sam also support the idea to first upload debootstrap.

We can do an upload, but note that it won't have any effect on package
builds, given the buildds use stable/oldstable - and this is not
material for p-u, given the effect. Of course it will affect local
builds, in case they are done via debootstrap, from testing/unstable
users.