On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 10:49:42PM +0100, Michael Ritzert wrote:
> Joel Baker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb am 02.12.03 21:51:20:
> >
> > I've been contacted by a member of the NetBSD team, who expressed that the
> > general opinion seems to be that "Debian GNU/KNetBSD" is a better name for
> > the port than "Debian GNU/NetBSD", both because it is more specific about
>
> If the NetBSD people are concerned about that, why should we not help them?

My impression is that 'concerned' might be a bit of an overstatement. It
seems more like someone saw 'GNU/KNetBSD', and said "Hey, that actually
seems like it might be a better way to describe it". However, since I don't
want to cause drastic confusion or simply co-opt the name Robert has been
using (and since, as noted in the origional message, it's not quite as
accurate for the work others are doing), I wanted to raise the issue to the
Debian BSD list at large.
--
Joel Baker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                                        ,''`.
Debian GNU NetBSD/i386 porter                                        : :' :