* Matthias Klumpp (matth...@tenstral.net) [141112 13:21]:
> > * Ian Jackson (ijack...@chiark.greenend.org.uk) [141105 17:39]:
> >> I am calling for votes on the text below:
> >>   Y     (override, swap dependencies, requires >>3:1)
> >>   FD
> >
> > I vote Y, FD (with the remark that Y doesn't make a decision on "does
> > debian want to change the default on upgrades" but just
> > "libpam-systemd dependencies is not the appropriate mechanismn to do
> > it"
> For this I want to highlight that the systemd maintainers also
> consider this a bad idea [...]

> So the decision to swap the dependencies would only be to ensure that
> - if there is a broken dependency solver - systemd-sysv is never
> accidentially installed (and sysvinit replaced).

And that's exactly what this decision means, don't swap the init
system by accident. Nothing more but also nothing less. (I had a bit
of bad experience of people reading more in an statement than there
was in, that is why I wrote that. And I also fear that "also the
systemd maintainers consider this a bad idea" doesn't help too much in
avoiding that, at least at the moment.)

Andi