Florian Weimer, 2005-08-20 20:50:12 +0200 :

> * Roland Mas:
>
>>   The Berkeley DB storage backend was an enormously stupid thing,
>> but that's been fixed (phew).
[...]
> I'm storing hundreds of millions of rows in Berkeley DB tables and
> have yet to encounter data loss because of bugs in Berkeley DB code.

I wasn't implying anything related to data loss.  It's just the "can't
have read access without write access to the whole repository" part
that bothered me.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

'ALL your base? No!! One tiny base continue bravely to resist.'
  -- <wiggy> in #debian-devel