Op 24-03-15 om 17:51 schreef Jeff Epler:
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 04:42:08PM +0100, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there in Debian room for a program what's free as in speech (AGPL)
>> but not as in beer?
>
> Debian contains software in "main" which is covered by the AGPLv3.  In
> 2008, Joerg Jaspert wrote on behalf of the ftpmasters and ftp-team:
>
>     The short summary is: We think that works licensed under the AGPL can
>     go into main. (Provided they don't have any other problems).
>     https://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2008/11/msg00097.html
>
> However, software with a specific restriction you mention,
>     > The program wants a fee when you create more then 5 users.
>     > It's a program for enterprises.
> is unlikely to be DFSG-free if it is prohibited to remove the specific
> restriction.
>
> If you are talking about a specific piece of software, please name it
> and post its license so that we know what we are discussing.

I choose not to name it at the moment. There are no concrete plans to
package it. I am only interested if it would be possible.

The license is AGPL version 3 without any restriction, like here:
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl.html

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl/