Op 24-03-15 om 21:21 schreef Don Armstrong:
> On Tue, 24 Mar 2015, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>> Op 24-03-15 om 18:38 schreef Paul R. Tagliamonte:
>>
>>> Unless it allows modification and redistribution of this (and we do so),
>>
>> What when the DD who packages it, would package it with the 5 user
>> limitation?
>
> If it was actually AGPLed in its entirety, the maintainer would just
> remove code which enforced the 5 user limitation.

Next step would be a friendly question from the developper to remove the
software from Debian.

Do you know an example of software what is distributed by Debian when
it's clear the development team behind it, doesn't want that?

<cut>

> In any event, without particular licenses

The license is clear, it's plain AGPL.

> and source files, we're having
> an academic discussion without concrete information or relation to
> Debian, which isn't on topic for debian-legal.

I've spoken to the developer and he does not want the name of his
program into this discussion. In his opinion the question is clear.
He thinks it would make the name of his new program "dirty".

I think you can say: Debian does not want any software at this moment
what's not "free as in beer".

The problem is, that such software does not fit in any of the existing
repositories. The correct place of this program would be in "main", but
people expect "free as in beer" software there. Myself included.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl/