Alessandro Rubini <rub...@arcana.linux.it> writes:

> This is exactly like the kind request to send patches to the upstream
> author, or the kind request to make a donation or otherwise support
> the project.

With the significant difference that (as it has been described to us)
the work embodies a concrete restriction on its use.

So no, not “exactly like” those kind requests which do not limit
recipients of the work.

> I don't see anything especially bad in a 5-users limitation. It's a
> bug like a million other limitations we have.

With the significant difference that the copyright holder has expressed
a positive desire that the bug not be fixed.

The OP has said:

> The 5 user limitation is something in the software, but because it's
> AGPL it's not forbidden to remove it. But I think the developer would
> ask friendly to remove a version without the limitation from Debian.

Since the copyright holder expresses the desire that the work not be in
Debian with bugs fixed, that is a strongly negative consideration for
that work entering Debian at all.

--
 \        “The deepest sin against the human mind is to believe things |
  `\           without evidence.” —Thomas Henry Huxley, _Evolution and |