Dear subscribers of debian-legal list,

I am working now on packaging the software OpenPilot [1].
It is a platform for multirotors, helicopters and other vehicles
and licensed mostly under GPLv3 license. Almost all technical
questions are solved and the package became functional,
I started to fill d/copyright before uploading and found some
files, which are probably make the package non-free.

Particularly, there is a 3rd-party code from hardware-manufacturer,
which is licensed under their own
"MCD-ST Liberty SW License Agreement V2" license" [2].

[1] https://www.openpilot.org
[2] http://www.st.com/software_license_agreement_liberty_v2

At the first look, it is a free one:

========
STMicroelectronics (“ST”) grants You a non-exclusive, worldwide,
non-transferable
(whether by assignment or otherwise unless expressly authorized by ST) non sub-
licensable, revocable, royalty-free limited license of the Licensed Software to:

(i) make copies, prepare derivative works of the source code version
of the Licensed Software for the sole and exclusive purpose of
developing versions of such Licensed Software only for use within the
Product;

(ii) make copies, prepare derivative works of the object code versions
of the Licensed Software for the sole purpose of designing, developing
and manufacturing the Products;

(iii) make copies, prepare derivative works of the documentation part
of the Licensed Software (including non confidential comments from
source code files if
applicable), for the sole purpose of providing documentation for the Product and
its usage.

(iv) make, have made, use, sell, offer to sell, import and export or
otherwise distribute Products also through multiple tiers.
========

But there is a restriction, which I do not clearly understand:

========
Unless otherwise explicitly stated in this Agreement, You may not sell, assign,
sublicense, lease, rent or otherwise distribute the Licensed Software
for commercial purposes, in whole or in part.
========

Does it mean, that this license does not permit the commercial use and
is automatically dfsg-incompatible? There are some other stuff in
Restriction which is probably also makes the license non-free.

If it is so, is it OK to put the package into a non-free section
or the license is too bad even for that?

Please, CC me on replies.

Thank you

Anton