On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 20:07:14 +0100
Simon McVittie <s...@debian.org> wrote:
> On 14/04/15 19:25, Anton Gladky wrote:
> > STMicroelectronics (“ST”) grants You a [...]
> > revocable, [...] license
>
> As far as I can see, ST can revoke this license at any time, i.e. they
> can say "no, we don't want to allow that any more, any further
> distribution of our software is copyright infringement".
>
> That might well be a showstopper even for non-free.

But then, wouldn't the package just be removed from non-free in the
case that the license was revoked? Hmm... but then, on the other hand,
the package would also have to be removed from snapshot.d.o, and
perhaps other locations. I guess it would depend on how hard it would
be for Debian to actually comply with such a request.