On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:07:00 -0400 (EDT), John Hasler wrote:
> Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>> I'd say most U.S. desktop users have a UPS.
>
> I'd say most home desktop users and the majority of small
> businesses don't.
>>
>> I know I do.
>
> I don't.  I can't afford it (and I've never lost important data in a
> power failure (but then I have little important data to lose)).
>>
>> Pretty much every computer user I know personally has a UPS.
>
> No non-power-user I know has one.  Most don't know what one is.

I agree with John.  Stan must hobnob with an elite crowd.  I don't
have a UPS at home either, and I don't know anyone that does.
I do have one at work, but even there most desktop systems aren't
on it.  The only reason that my desktop system uses the UPS is that
my cubicle is on raised floor inside the computer room and I
connected it myself.  Most desktop users, even at the office, are not
so privileged.  And my employer is a very big entity, financially.
It's not a small business.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :