On Thursday, October 31, 2013 02:22:40 PM Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 03:38:12PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Case 1: I find that someone in my family who lives in my house has
> > rumaged through my underwear drawer.  A violation of trust has
> > occurred.  I am unhappy and will talk with them and give them a harsh
> > lecture.  This is not appropriate behavior.
> >
> > Case 2: I find someone who is not a member of my family and who does
> > not live in my house and who I don't know has rummaged through my
> > underwear drawer.  A very serious crime has been committed.  I live in
> > a state where I am fully legally protected if I shoot them dead.
> :
> :(
>
> And yet you can't shoot the family member?  I think most murders are
> actually committed by family members against other family members, if my
> memory serves me correctly.
>
> So you could shoot kids in halloween costumes for illegally being on
> your property?

An uninvited stranger in someone's home rifling through the occupants'
belongings should expect to have a short life expectancy.

There is a certain amount of responsibility involved before one exercises the
power to use arms (with rights come responsibilities). But we begin to digress
from this list's purpose.