gene heskett composed on 2024-01-14 18:15 (UTC-0500):

> Felix Miata wrote:
> I have mount
> points scattered about this system, literaaly all over that just work,

Fine! It's your stuff.

> since when is /mnt some special thing?

Since 1994, 30 years ago next month:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/fsstnd/old/fsstnd-1.1/fsstnd-1.1.txt
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_Hierarchy_Standard
> Or are you saying I should mkdir that mount point in the rad10, and then
> mount one of these SSD's to it?  Sounds like the long way around the
> bush but it might work, I'll try it. But that would be forever recursive
> w/o excluding that dir from the copy.
I'm only suggesting you find a place other than /mnt/ for anything found in
/etc/fstab, based upon the definition of /mnt/ in FHS. Conforming your machinery
to FHS is not mandatory, just recommended, a good idea.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
        based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata