-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of John Tolmachoff
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 10:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Passing SPAM that should be bounced

> Now the manual says this under the Acting as a gateway for domains on
> other servers heading - "The only catch as far as Declude JunkMail is
> concerned is that IMail will treat the E-mail to the gateway domain as
> outgoing mail, since it is not stored on the IMail server. Therefore,
by
> default, the outgoing actions in the \IMail\Declude\Global.cfg file
will
> be used. To get around this, you can set up per-domain configuration
> files for the gateway domains."  However, when looking at the per
domain
> configuration it does not say anything about copying in the global
> config where the outgoing tests are specified.  Can you explain this
in
> a little more depth to me?

Darrell, if you want the settings for that domain to be different than
the
test actions in the Global.cfg, you need to follow this section of the
manual:

Per-Domain Configuration
The Standard and Pro versions of Declude JunkMail allow you to have
different settings for each domain that you have.
In order to do this, you first need to create a subdirectory off of the
Declude directory, with the same name as the domain you wish to change.
For
example, to add a per-domain configuration for "example.com", you would
create the directory \IMail\Declude\example.com. Note that this needs to
be
the official domain name, not a domain alias (so if you have a domain
"mail.example.com" with "example.com" as an alias, the directory should
be
"\IMail\Declude\mail.example.com\"). The exception is that if you have a
user alias, the domain you use in the alias will take priority (for
example,
if the alias is "sales" that points to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", you would
need to use the directory "example.com"). It may be necessary to use two
different directories, if you have users aliases pointing to domain
aliases
(a quirk in IMail).

The next step is to copy the $default$.JunkMail file into that
directory.
Then, edit that file to reflect the settings you want for that domain.

Or, to quickly disable spam control for a specific domain, you can
whitelist
all mail to the domain by using the "WHITELIST TODOMAIN @example.com"
setting in the Global.cfg file.

Note that you should not delete the \IMail\Declude\$default$.JunkMail
file.
If that file does not exist, there will be no default settings for
E-mail
addressed to domains that do not have their own per-domain settings.

John Tolmachoff MCSE, CSSA
IT Manager, Network Engineer
RelianceSoft, Inc.
Fullerton, CA  92835