We quit whitelisting the postmaster for this reason several weeks ago.

Our (unstated policy): if you get no reply, try some other email program
that isn't known as a spammer (Hey, it works for AOL! -- and no, please
don't start on that again).

Mail that is legit seems to get thru ok, spam to the postmaster is handled
with everything else (and we scan everything with weight 15-30, hold to 80
(and periodically briefly scan that) and haven't seen any false holds).
True, some blacklisted domains (and any porn) will get deleted without
review.  But, without some method to detect mail sent only to the
postmaster, it seems to work (and since over half our spam seemed to include
postmaster as a recipient, changing this eliminated about 20-30 spams per
day in each mailbox).

Karen