Russel,

I use Crystal with Delphi.  I have had absolutely no help from their
support email address.  I finally complained to the president after
two weeks of continual email.  That produced the help that I needed.
It turns out that if you mis-fill their forms, they are just junked.
And the beggars insist that no one else has any problems with the
email support.  There are various other issues such as
misinformation in articles in various mags and I wouldnt recommend
Crystal to anyone.

I have already written to the editors in question asking them to stop
doing their readers a dis-service by stopping any future articles on
crystal.

Your problem does sound like missing or mismatched DLLs.  They are a
mess with different version number working with each other etc... and
they almost never complain about the mismatch of version numbers,
instead you get starnge non-sensical messages.

On 11 Mar 99 at 7:40, Belding wrote:

> Thanks Steve for your comments. I'm using the 16bit Dlls from CR ver
> 5.0.1.108. CR help replied within an hour to a request made at their WWW
> site with several things to try. Particularly doing a comparison of DLLs
> loaded on a PC when the reports run OK and on an NTWS4 box where the
> repoarts all fail. The tool to use for this is their DSX.EXE (16bit).
>
> The most likely cause is a missing DLL, I think. Would you agree?
>
> At worst I could strip all the reports out into a D4 program, even if that
> meant installing two BDEs on a server.
>
> RB
>
> At 23:15 10/03/99 +1300, you wrote:

Rohit

CFL - Computer Fanatics Ltd.  21 Barry's Point Road, AKL, New Zealand
PH    (649) 489-2280
FX    (649) 489-2290
email [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]