developer tool its second to none in my opinion. Crystal Reports and big
sister Crystal Info/Crystal Info SDK can do virtually anything. The next
version will probably have VBA scripting chucked in as well. Stick with it.

>The most likely cause is a missing DLL, I think. Would you agree?

You sound like an expert on Crystal, so as a novice permit me to ask one
question.

Firstly, in my limited expereience with Crystal, I found it a very dull
product with little to reccomend it.

One of the main reasons I say this is because it appeared to have absolutely
no way to customise the SQL, and insisted on building really innieficient
SQL which basically just dragged all collumns back to the client, then
applied local filters. I did not persevere, as it was quicker and easier to
write reports inside a delphi App using Quick Reports, and the reports ran
orders of magnitude faster, and none of the deployment  issues you speak of.
In addition, IMO quick reports is very much simpler to use. Now we have
Report Builder Pro, and that is a superb product. It is hard to imagine how
Crystal could compete with RB Pro.

However, I do point out that with Crystal, I was very much a newbie.

Could you tell me, if this dumb SQL approach (bring everything back and
filter locally) is still used by Crystal. If not, I may take another look at
it.

Thanks,

Tony.