-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Ritchie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Monday, 15 March 1999 12:37
Subject: RE: [DUG]: Report Builder Pro (was Delphi and Crystal on NT4)

> >Someone  earlier said CR7 does server side filtering.
> The manual says this is new to CR7.
>
> >CR can export to RTF faily well but it cannot
> >export correctly to MS Word preserving all the formatting...
> Is that generally a requirement of report writers?
>
> >if your DB is anything larger than small (say 50MB) then
>Crystal is useless.
> We are using CR6 on Access (900 MB) and MS SQL Server 6.5
>databases up to 1.2Gb with no problems.

So can you please let us in on the secret, How do you get a report to run in
a reasonable time where you have a join involving say 8 tables (not an
unreasonable number) accross a 900MB DB, where any one of those table has
lets say 1 million rows, and Crystal returns T1 X T2 X T3......X T8 Rows in
the result set.

I'd really like to know how you do this.

I'd also like to know how you manage to stuff 900MB into access tables with
reliability, but thats another issue. Ah to hell with it, it's not worth the
argument.

Thanks,