Hi Paulo, hi Kohei!

Am Samstag, den 12.03.2011, 01:36 -0300 schrieb Paulo José:
> Hi Kohei, all
>
> On 11-03-2011 19:11, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> > Yes, this is a good idea, and I like it a lot. That would greatly
> > enhance the visibility of this icon.
> >
> > The only issue is that, implementing it would take a little extra
> > effort.  So what I'd like to do is to just leave the icon behavior as-is
> > for 3.4 (but update the icon images with yours), and look into
> > implementing timed feedback that you are proposing after the 3.4
> > release.  I hope that's okay.
> For me it's allright. But I think we must wait a bit more for feedback
> from the other design and UX's people. But I'm very glade that you like
> the idea!
>
> > So, for 3.4, I guess we should take the left and middle ones?
> Yeah, but like I've said, we should wait. I'd like to get some other
> members opinions, like Bernhard, Nik or Ivan. Up to this moment, just
> Christoph and Jaron did take part on it.

Oh, go ahead - it looks fantastic to me. :-)

And I also like the idea of turning having this little checkmark icon,
since it explains much better what's going on. But we should avoid that
users of user office suites may mix this up with the spelling and
grammar checker ;-)
http://www.baycongroup.com/word2007/images/StatusBar.gif

Kohei, would it make sense to turn this into an easy hack?

####

Background: Improve the feedback for the user if a document has been
saved recently. This feedback will be shown by extending the already
available document symbol in the status bar.

      * Document Symbol "Empty": Show if the document has been newly
        created, or the content is unchanged in comparison to the saved
        version.
      * Document Symbol "Orange Star": Show if the document has been
        unsaved changes or a document saving process is still running.
      * Document Symbol "Green Checkmark": Show for 3 seconds after a
        document saving process has been finished. Then switch to
        document symbol "Empty" (see above).

Skills: ???

Contact: LibreOffice Design Team (Paulo)

Resources: ??? exported document symbol files

####

Don't know if that might work :-) In any case, thanks to you both!

Cheers,
Christoph