On 08/09/2016 07:23 AM, Stephen Michel wrote:

> <snip>
> I agree with Michael here, but there is a limit. Imagine a user who pledges
> to many projects which are then suspended as they grow, but who is also lazy
> and leaves the pledges suspended rather than dropping them. Their history
> could become bloated with (imo) useless information as the months run by.
>
> I think the proper place to tackle this is: if a user has not reinstated a
> suspended pledge within 3 (?) months, it should be automatically dropped.
> Apologies if we've already had this conversation; I do remember talking about
> it but not this particular facet, and mobile makes it hard to go back and
> check.

This seems like a good idea to me.  I think we should notify them with
some reasonable notice, e.g. a brief email 2 weeks before it will be
dropped.  Also they'll of course have been notified when it was
initially auto-suspended.  (In both cases they might be able to opt out
of these notifications, but I certainly think the default should be to
be notified of these situations.)