On 26.11.2016 05:11, Michael Siepmann wrote:

> On 11/25/2016 10:17 AM, Aaron Wolf wrote:
>> <snip>

> I'm thinking that in this super-short intro, it would be better to omit
> any reference to a snowdrift. It's just too confusing, not necessary
> enough, and doesn't help to engage people right away. People can find
> out why we're called Snowdrift.coop later, but here they just need to
> know, understand, and feel positive about and interested in the core of
> what Snowdrift.coop is about.
>
> As to the "free" qualifier discussion, I think it's absolutely critical
> to remember that the overwhelming majority of the world has not the
> faintest idea that a phrase like "free music" ever means anything other
> than "music you don't have to pay for".
>
> Here's an idea omitting the Snowdrift reference. I've done quite a bit
> of other editing which I can explain if that would be helpful.
>
> SUGGESTION/
>
> When music, software, movies, news, research, and so on, are released as
> public goods, everyone can enjoy them freely, without limitations.
>
> But who will pay for them to be created?
>
> Snowdrift.coop's pioneering crowdmatching platform empowers you to join
> with others to fund the public goods /you/ want created.
>
> You pledge to donate a tiny amount each month for each patron who
> supports a project with you, within a budget you control.
>
> Your donation is matched by the rest of the community, building
> consensus that directs support to the most promising projects.
>
> Join us in clearing the path to a free and open future!
>
> /SUGGESTION

I think this does work better for this very short format. Not losing
time in explaining a words heritage frees time to explain the core idea.
I think this enhances Aarons text in a concise way. Well done!

I like how this text fragment gets brushed and brushed like a raw
diamond. :)

I also like the idea of a more detailed video taking its time to address
the whole snowdrift dilemma explanation instead of brushing over it
really quick. It alone would justify to motivate people to watch more
videos.