On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 6:11 PM, Anne van Kesteren <ann...@annevk.nl> wrote:
> Please consider the request to remove device orientation retracted for
> now. We'll still need to figure out some kind of long term plan for
> that API though. WebVR building on it through libraries that abstract
> away the browser incompatibilities will just make it harder to fix the
> underpinnings going forward. (And there's always the risk that folks
> don't use libraries and code directly against what Chrome ships. Seems
> likely even.)

Small update: we'll start by just disabling proximity. Disabling
ambient light will follow soon after, but is a little trickier as we
use the web-facing API in the Firefox for Android frontend.
(Suggestions for fixing the orientation interoperability mess are
still welcome!)

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/