On 02/08/14 15:20, Jesper Kristensen wrote:
> * Have you considered adding support for multiple ocsp staples to allow
> stapeling of CA certs?

There is a proposed standard for multi-stapling but as far as I remember
it's not even finished yet, yet alone implemented and deployed. We
decided that we can't wait for it.

> * Why not allow short-lived CA certs without revocation info, just like
> EE certs?

I'm not sure there are any CAs out there who would like to get their
root key out of it secure storage every 3 days.

> * While must-staple and short-lived certificates seem to be scalable
> solutions, OneCRL seems to be a hack needed to make things work in the
> current situation. It would be nice if this could be explicitly stated,
> and even better if you could declare it as a temporary solution intended
> to be used only until more scalable solutions are specced, implemented
> and deployed.

It's not a temporary solution for intermediate certs. Well, perhaps it's
possible that multi-stapling could eventually supplant it (if TCP init
windows also enlarge) but I don't think it's really necessary to
speculate on that yet.

Gerv