I think it is great to have such meetings. The Kafka community, for example,
organizes meetings to discuss KIPs:

https://goo.gl/OK0Rhi <https://goo.gl/OK0Rhi>

and if we have such meetings, I'd suggest we make sure to propose an agenda
beforehand so that all people participated can join. Also, from an ASF
perspective, please keep in mind that no decisions can be made offline. All
project-related decisions need to happen via the mailing list or jira. The goal
of the meeting should be for coordination purposes and potentially technical
discussion around the project, issues, and code.

-Flavio