My stance is that the current workflow does a disservice to the user
community by letting them install / use outdated and insecure templates.
Now, let's assume download.cloud.com is gone forever. What do we tell ACS
users pre-4.11 as far as *built-in templates* go?
1. Direct them to update templates.sql with some new URL, but with the same
dirty old templates
2. Direct them to update templates.sql with some new URL, but with nice
templates (e.g., open.vm.eu)
3. Same as (2), but document more choices.

Now, why should things be different for 4.11 and later? Documenting the
steps to install templates offline is trivial (and can be scripted to a
large part, like cloud-install-sys-tmplt)

For pre-4.11 users, for *systemvms*, anyway we tell them to use
http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu which is not controlled by ACS.