On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 11:28 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Creating such a model has been on my todo list for ages, and in a
> related discussion on board@ people seem to agree that having this can
> be useful.
>
> So let's start - here's my rough initial list of items:
>
> Code: open, discoverable, fully public history, documented provenance
> Quality: security, backwards compatibility, etc
> Contributions: welcome from anyone based on technical quality
> License: Apache License, dependencies must not put additional restrictions
> Community: inclusive, meritocratic, no dictators, clear documented path to
> entry
> Discussions and decisions: asynchronous, in a single central place,
> archived
> Decision making: consensus, votes if needed, technical vetoes in the worst
> case
> Independence: from any corporate or organizational influence
> Releases: source code only, notices, long-lived release format

How much of this is already covered by the Incubation process? Hopefully
projects don't revert to improper licensing or closed development after
they graduate.

I understand the value of measuring maturity after a project has left the
Incubator, but I also don't know that we want to put an additional set of
checkboxes on projects. Either you're ready to graduate, or you're not.
That comes from having good mentors, I think.

Am I missing the intent here?