Thanks for this post, Shane. You share a number of my concerns.

I am absolutely not blind to opposition to some of the things I've
suggested, but I would argue that the thread on the topic has become
so negative and heated that informed discussion isn't useful.

Again I encourage others to listen to and read my presentation to
hear my concrete, achievable suggestions, and others' reactions to
them at the meeting.