Hello Jean, Andrew and Mickey

Dear Jean: I have registered to Ooo Authors and my username is mcasanova.
Please set the necessary privileges for uploading text.

Mickey, thank you for your offer to review and edit. I will let you know
when the copy is stored at Ooo Authors so you can access it.

Andrew, Thank you for the info on data types. Right now I am drafting the
fist half of point 3, where an example is offered and we make an analysis
of the data modeling decisions. This will end with an UML design of the
application that the tutorial aims to develop. I am also starting to
review the first part (point 1 and 2). If you have any commentaries,
please let me know.

I am also troubled by something I have not been able to find in the
literature. A relationship has two sets of cardinals, but I guess that the
relevant one has to do with what table provides the primary key and which
table holds the foreign key. Are there specific rules for deciding which
table will provide the key?

Cheers,

Mariano