Agree with Arina on JDK8 support..let's get through the last remaining
hurdles for this for 1.13 release.
Calcite in fact is dropping support for JDK 7 in their next release.  They
are even looking ahead to JDK 9.

For Drill-on-Yarn, I think ultimately it is at the discretion of the
release manager.  My personal opinion is as long
as a committer (in this case Arina) feels comfortable with it, and given
that the functionality has been well-tested,
I am okay to include it.

-Aman