Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 10:08:45 PM, Angelo zerr wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> We have already spoken about that, but IMHO I think Freemarker should
> provide an LSP server.

Yeah, they mentioned it over JBoss as well, when I brought the
transfer up now. However, right now we should ensure continually.
Developing a new plugin will take time, and it's not known who, if
anyone will do it. "FreeMarker IDE", however ugly it is, exists right
now.

> After that it will be easy to have
>
>  * good completion, hover, etc by using Eclipse lsp4e
> <https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.lsp4e>
>  * have syntax coloration with textmate by using tm4e
> <https://github.com/eclipse/tm4e>

I have looked at these briefly when you mentioned LSP, but two
question aren't yet clear to me:

- Can tm4e leverage information provided by lsp4e to do semantical
  highlighting? (This will be relevant only for FM3 though, like for
  coloring data-model variable references differently than "local"
  variable references.)

- Can we leverage some existing HTML/JS/CSS editor functionality with this?
  I mean something like in
  https://github.com/angelozerr/eclipse-wtp-freemarker. (By far the
  most often request for "FreeMarker IDE" is to do HTML syntax
  highlighting, but then I'm sure HTML auto-completion etc. will
  follow.)

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany