Le 09/03/2018 à 10:32, Daniel Dekany a écrit :
So I think "FreeMarker IDE" should be brought over to the ASF,
similarly as FreeMarker-Online was. Also the Eclipse update "site"
should be hosted on ASF infrastructure. I have started a discussion to
explore this possibility, and so far it seems it's fine on their side:

http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jbosstools-dev/2018-March/subject.html

The code is under EPL,
Wrong, sorry... It's under LGPL 2.1 (and the copyright holder is
RedHat "and individual contributors"), at least on most source files.

I have suggested at JBoss Tools that if they sign CCLA and then make a
PR to a repo at ASF that we create for this product, that way
contributing the whole source code to the ASF, then we can replace the
license headers etc. I have indicated that this is just my personal
understanding. So, will that work? We did the same with "FreeMarker
Online".

Hi Daniel,

I believe it depends on RedHat "and individual contributors" good wills.
Maybe easier for RedHat than "individual contributors" depending how RedHat
handles that part.
Contrary to ASL2, for LGPL 2.1 I don't know, we might need help from legal if
RedHat can't tell.

Jacques