> On Jun 14, 2022, at 10:09 PM, David Jencks <david.a.jen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think each impl. needs to be in its own git repo, I’m not sure which
> already are.

Agree.  Currently connector and txmanager are in the same git repo.

> I believe the tx manager is used in an OSGI spec impl in (I think) Aries. On
> the other hand they might have copied the implementation.  It might be
> confusing if the governing project and/or package names change. I don’t know
> if there are other uses, or how to find out.
>
> It might possibly be simpler, after we get each subproject into appropriate
> git repos, to make people who want to work on these implementations geronimo
> committers.

I don't know if it helps the conversation, but we need a different version
that's incompatible to what Aries and ActiveMQ uses.    We would be developing
and implementing jakarta.* implementations they couldn't use.  For them to
switch from javax to jakarta, they'd need to change all their dependencies
anyway.

Really the question being asked is does anyone mind if we develop separate
Jakarta versions of the APIs on the TomEE side?  It would be a little easier
for us.

-David