> On Jun 17, 2022, at 11:23 AM, David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 14, 2022, at 10:09 PM, David Jencks <david.a.jen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think each impl. needs to be in its own git repo, I’m not sure which
>> already are.
>
> Agree.  Currently connector and txmanager are in the same git repo.
>
>> I believe the tx manager is used in an OSGI spec impl in (I think) Aries. On
>> the other hand they might have copied the implementation.  It might be
>> confusing if the governing project and/or package names change. I don’t know
>> if there are other uses, or how to find out.
>>
>> It might possibly be simpler, after we get each subproject into appropriate
>> git repos, to make people who want to work on these implementations geronimo
>> committers.
>
> I don't know if it helps the conversation, but we need a different version
> that's incompatible to what Aries and ActiveMQ uses.    We would be
> developing and implementing jakarta.* implementations they couldn't use.  For
> them to switch from javax to jakarta, they'd need to change all their
> dependencies anyway.

I expect eventually they will make the switch.

> Really the question being asked is does anyone mind if we develop separate
> Jakarta versions of the APIs on the TomEE side?  It would be a little easier
> for us.

Do you expect to have a new unrelated tx manager implementation?  I rather
expected something mostly changed via sed, and a major version bump.  I don’t
think you put the jakarta TomEE in a new repo, did you?

However, I don’t really care as long as you leave a really obvious note behind
about where development has moved to.

David Jencks