Hi John,

I have bee using IntelliJ for years and have had a non-deterministic build problem for about the same time span, where the Groovy compiler throws on my code overriding a method in a child class with an incompatible return type. Only my code is correct, and the problem dissappears every time if I rebuild the project multiple times (without any changes between builds). Afair IntelliJ introduced some kind of caching mechanism to speed up Groovy builds some time back, and I assume this is the cause of the problem.

So it might sound odd, but I would suggest you try rebuilding your project multiple times in a row, with a little bit of delay between builds, if possible through different build paths (e.g. build a submodule other modules depend on first, etc), to see if the build suddenly works in your case too.

Cheers,
mg