From: MG <mg...@arscreat.com>
Sent: 13 April 2018 13:51:13
To: dev@groovy.apache.org; Kerridge, Jon
Subject: Re: Compiler bug

Hi John,

I have bee using IntelliJ for years and have had a non-deterministic build
problem for about the same time span, where the Groovy compiler throws on my
code overriding a method in a child class with an incompatible return type.
Only my code is correct, and the problem dissappears every time if I rebuild
the project multiple times (without any changes between builds). Afair IntelliJ
introduced some kind of caching mechanism to speed up Groovy builds some time
back, and I assume this is the cause of the problem.

So it might sound odd, but I would suggest you try rebuilding your project
multiple times in a row, with a little bit of delay between builds, if possible
through different build paths (e.g. build a submodule other modules depend on
first, etc), to see if the build suddenly works in your case too.

Cheers,
mg